Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Why Do You Work-Out?

 
I have been wanting to do this blog post for a while. It is important to have clear reasons why you do things, it helps to justify them and keeps you driven to achieve certain goals.

Why do you work-out?

Fitness and healthy living is certainly become more trendy now, well more now than ever in my adulthood. I remember when mum would don the lovely aerobic gear of the 80's, doing sessions on her mini trampoline. Jane Fonda was huge and Aerobics Oz-Style (Bring that one back!). I believe there was a nice fluffy blonde perm and toweling headband included. hehe.

I LOVE the fact that working out is the trend now! And if you are part of it, I know that you know, IT FEELS GOOD!

So, why do I work-out?
 
I'm in my early 30's and part of my family time line has a history of heart disease. Go back to the start of the year, I was feeling a little more tension in my heart than I would have liked too. Reason #1. Done.
 
#2. I have 2 boys, active boys. I also have a husband who has abnormal strength for his size, is fit, healthy and can run. A family of active boys playing sport and a mum who loves to bake just doesn't seem to work. I want to keep up with my family.
 
But my main motivator for why I work-out, reason #3. Earlier this year I felt like I was always surrounded by unwell people. Unwell with lingering stress, back problems, knee problems, growing old unfit, cancers, preventable deaths, general sickness, lazyness. The list just goes on. When you are surrounded by people who are always complaining, it does something to your phsychi, that is when I decided > I never want to be like that.


I work-out because I am committed to making the most of the one life that I have been given to live. I want to grow old with good health and happy memories. I want to play with my boys, I want to make my husband proud and keep him happy, I don't want to be lazy. I want to see my grandchildren grow up and I want to be able to run around with them too. I want to grow old in health not in a wheelchair.
 
 
Just as a side note, can I be honest? It was never about looks for me. *Weight loss and muscle tone are a nice side effect from working out. When you feel good, you look good.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feedback, thoughts, comments...