Saturday, November 23, 2013

The Bad Of Clean Eating Coming From A First Timer

My conscience is pretty switched onto things,
I really wish I would listen to it more!
 
 
I have learnt alot in the last 5 days of clean eating.
1. Smoothies are awesome.
2. There is an art to providing your body with the right nutrition
3. There is so much good information online about all things clean eating
4. A food diary is worth keeping.
5. Nuts really do have to be activated.

So far, the bad of clean eating has outweighed the good, unfortunately. The last 2 days I've been struggling with stomach cramps/spasms which I believe are to an imbalance in my diet. Lots of good food was going in but maybe too much of a good thing can do damage without the right balance. The doctor said my pain was "most likely due to diet".
 
Day 4 night I had to break the clean eating for a plate of yellow oven goods, not for satisfaction or craving, it was what my body was needing to deal with whatever was going on inside.
 
A couple of days ago my conscience asked the question, can too many nuts be a bad thing? I wish I stopped and Googled it then. YES! Too many nuts can be a bad thing. Most of my snacks were nut based (almond meal), nut snacks and nut filled snack balls. My interpretation of findings > Nuts can contain an acid called Phytic Acid. Small doses are ok, but in large doses nuts are not easily digested and can react badly in the stomach. This Phytic acid that gets released then consumes any good minerals that are coming into my stomach. Which could also explain my lacking energy.
 
I read a topic on the Lorna Jane MNB website about 'activating nuts'. What a drawn out process just to be able to eat some nuts. Overnight soaking in water, followed by hours of oven drying... I thought, yeh, no thanks... But now I get it :-/
 
Soluble fibre is important too, which if I have my facts right comes from breads, bran and grains. Well I pretty much had cut out all of this stuff too. I am pretty annoyed with the situation, the pain was uncomfortable. Frustrating that I was making a conscious decision to "eat well and eat clean", yet all the time spent investing into the decision was actually creating large amounts of conflict in my stomach. Hmmm....
 
I am going to continue a clean eating outline to the food I eat, but a little more balance and realistic nutrition because of the intense workouts that I do undertake. Balance of course is the key to everything.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feedback, thoughts, comments...