I am on the pursuit for the perfect pancake recipe... Pursuit is a bit of an overkill but I couldn't come up with another P verb... [Stacking of pancakes while cooking is a must!]
Pancakes for breakfast, on the weekend, has become a bit of a family ritual of late. I am still to find the ultimate recipe though. Most times I try new ones from the net: the criteria for the recipes need to be 2 things: simple ingrediants with a simple method. Who wants to cook anything if it is too complicated?
Basic Pancake Recipe From Taste.com.au
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 1 egg
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups self-raising flour
- 1/4 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- 1/3 cup caster sugar
- 25g butter, melted
- Whisk milk, egg and vanilla together in a jug. Sift flour and bicarbonate of soda into a bowl. Stir in sugar. Make a well in centre. Add milk mixture. Whisk until just combined.
- Heat a large non-stick frying pan over medium heat. Brush pan with butter. Using 1/4 cup mixture per pancake, cook 2 pancakes for 3 to 4 minutes or until bubbles appear on surface. Turn and cook for 3 minutes or until cooked through. Transfer to a plate. Cover loosely with foil to keep warm. Repeat with remaining mixture, brushing pan with butter between batches. Serve.