Friday, July 1, 2011

First times a treat...


I saw a similar version of this cake on another site and thought I would love to try it. Although I had to wait to have guests over as this is too much of a treat to have all to ourselves.

"YUMMY sponge filled with a layer of lemon curd and fresh cream, topped with more fresh cream and a cluster of berries at the top."

I am a little Masterchef inspired at the moment and have been enjoying cooking; and cooking new things too. There is a first time for everything!

This is my first sponge cake and the first time I put together this cake.
.... And it worked a treat.

A few yummy things:
CREAM ~ Instead of just whipping some thickened cream I always add some white sugar and vanilla essence. Just tops it off.
BERRIES ~ Not just your ordinary berries, these were frozen, defrosted and sugar coated. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Feedback, thoughts, comments...