Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Scandinavian Apple Cake


I bought a big box of apples. Too many to eat on their own, so found an amazing recipe for an amazing cake. A Scandinavian apple cake to be precise. I have a soft spot for all things Scandinavian so this was a must try.


I was bought up with "coffee and cake", so when Finnish baking comes to mind it is filled with lots of sugar, cream, spices of cinnamon, vanilla, cardamon and so on... This recipe doesn't disappoint.



I used 5 small to medium sized apples for this recipe. Simply cored and cut.


The result is a deliciously sweet light to medium density cake strewn with soft melt in your mouth apple pieces and topped off with a toasty caramalised hit of sugar and spices. Yum!

Well worth a try and very easy. Tip: I was concerned about the apple skin because I find it off putting when I get apple skin from those tins of baking apples. But they were as soft as butter, so leave the skin on, it is the healthiest bit you know.

This recipe was found on [Cook Almost Anything]
If you want this delicious recipe, click on the picture below and it will take you straight to the page. Enjoy!


Do you notice how I rarely have a photo of my whole cake? It seems we (meaning I) am too excited to cut in and see how it tastes before I think about taking my photos.

2 comments:

  1. yummy, can't wait to taste some with you! Jo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks absolutely delicious, but unfortunately way too much sugar for me...maybe just a thin slither. Mandy

    ReplyDelete

Feedback, thoughts, comments...