Monday, August 22, 2011

Chocolate Brownies Round 2


It was only a few months ago that I made chocolate brownies for the 1st time. Unsuccessful and dry. This is the 2nd time I have made chocolate brownies and there is a little story to my success.

Fresh from the oven these were gooey and moreish. Chilled and served the next day the inards had a fudge like consistancy (so maybe just a little undercooked?). I added hazelnuts and used milk chocolate instead of dark. I am not 100% convinced that I have achieved the perfect brownie though.
Or am I?

There is a little story to go along with these little devines. This was a Jamie Oliver recipe. With my mixed butters* already melting, I had already committed to the recipe when I realise that I did not have all the ingrediants to complete the recipe to the 'T'. So this was a balls up and the result were uncertain, but the taste testers over the weekend were impressed; so maybe a balls up gone very well.

*The recipe required unsalted butter, which I was only able to use half unsalted, the rest regular. Caster sugar = ran out after half the quantity... so caster sugar and then topped up with white sugar. Dark chocolate - ah no, so milk chocolate this time.

Here is the link for the recipe, after reading others reviews it seems that substituting for this recipe is normal. I think I might add some cherries and chocolate chunks next time. Too much?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feedback, thoughts, comments...