Saturday, December 8, 2012

Quiche

Quiche, easy peasy and no recipe needed? I think yes.
Don't think too hard about quiches, just think scrambled eggs with some additions.


Blind bake your puff pastry, then bake for another 5 mins.
I like to leave a nice pastry overhang for extra goodness.
Add your ingredients and cook for a good 30-40 mins on 180 degrees.

Ingredients guide:
About 4-6 eggs depending on the size of dish
A good pour of cream and a teaspoon of Lemon Pepper and a bit of salt
Meats: Ham, Bacon, Salami, Prosciutto 
Veg: Red/White Onion, Shallots, Spinach, Capsicum, Olives, Chives
Additional: Chopped Cream cheese, pine nuts, other herbs


I love using my Maxwell & Williams Microstoven dish. The quiche, or whatever you cook, does not stick to the dish, so I don't need to grease. If you have never seen Microstoven, you must look it up. You know how Jamie Oliver always cooks in a dish and then puts it into the oven? This is the stuff you can use. Which is the only reason why I bought it. Can be used in the microwave, on the stove top and in the oven. Genius!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feedback, thoughts, comments...